President Trump's Accomplishments
Reading through this long list of worthy accomplishments is WHY we need to work hard for our president to ensure a Trump 2020 victory
The below is a brief summary of the top accomplishments achieved under President
Trump’s administration. (Updated Oct. 5, 2019)
President Trump’s policies have put the American economy into high gear.
• Since President Trump was elected over 6.5 million jobs have been created.
• Over 500,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since the president was elected.
• Highlights of September’s jobs report:
o The unemployment rate dropped to 3.5%, the lowest in 50 years.
o The U.S. added a healthy 136,000 jobs in September.
o This year, the economy has averaged 161,000 new jobs each month.
o In September, wages grew at a strong 2.9%.▪ Wage growth has remained at a consistent 3% during President
Trump’s administration.• The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit record highs more than 80 times under President
Trump, including closing higher than 26,000 points for the first time in its history.
• Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed historic tax cuts and relief for
hard-working Americans. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is the first major tax reform signed
in 30 years.
o As a result of the historic tax cuts, nearly 9,000 Opportunity Zones were created
in all 50 states, DC, and 5 territories. Opportunity Zones will spur $100 billion in
private capital investment and impact nearly 35 million Americans.
o The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act increased the Child Tax Credit by 100% keeping more
money in the pockets of hardworking mothers.• Economic confidence rebounded to record highs under President Trump because his
pro-growth policies have and continue to put American workers and businesses first.
• President Trump has rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations at a record clip
which has saved billions and unleashed massive economic growth.
President Trump is working to secure our border.
• President Trump is fulfilling his promise to build a border wall, with sizable portions
already finished or under construction.
o It’s expected that 450 miles will be finished by the end of the year.
o To date, 66 miles of the new wall has replaced an old and ineffective barrier.
o Currently, 167 miles of wall is under construction in high entry sectors such as
San Diego, El Centro, El Paso, and Yuma.o The new wall has contributed to a 56% overall decrease in the number of illegal
migrant arrivals at the border.• Under President Trump, the U.S. Border Patrol has arrested hundreds of members of
• The President has strongly enforced our nation’s immigration laws by cracking down
on illegal immigration and taken aim at “sanctuary cities.”
• President Trump has called on Congress to close dangerous loopholes such as “Catch
and Release,” end chain migration, and end the visa lottery program which enables
• The administration is looking to close the Flores Settlement Agreement that requires the
government to release families into the country after 20 days. This loophole has been
exploited by smugglers who use children as pawns to enter our country.
• We are closing asylum loopholes – recently, the administration instituted a new rule
requiring migrants who come to our border to have previously applied and been denied
to a country they passed through.
• The Trump Administration announced they are releasing a “Public Charge Rule” that
will ensure non-citizens do not abuse our nation’s public benefits. This rule will go into
effect on 10/15/19.
• President Trump was successful in his efforts to get Mexico and the Northern Triangle
countries to step up and help stop the crisis at the border.
o President Trump’s successful negotiations have led to 28% drop in migrants
taken into custody in June.• In May, President Trump announced a new immigration proposal that would
modernize our system and secure the border.
President Trump has restored our nation’s standing in the world and is standing up to bad
• President Trump has negotiated better and fairer deals for the American people.
o President Trump has kept his promise to deliver a modern and rebalanced trade
deal to replace NAFTA.
o A new United States-Japan trade deal was negotiated.
o President Trump withdrew the United States from the flawed Trans-Pacific
o President Trump has forced our allies to recommit to NATO.
• The United States has successfully decimated ISIS.
• President Trump fulfilled his promise to name Jerusalem Israel’s capital city and moved
the U.S. Embassy
• President Trump used tariffs to rattle China’s economy and leaders for their trade
• President Trump held two historic summits with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un,
further demonstrating the Administration’s commitment to a denuclearized Korean
• President Trump withdrew the U.S. from the Iran Nuclear Agreement and instituted the
toughest sanctions in history to drive the regime’s oil exports to zero.o In June 2019, President Trump signed an executive order that authorizes
expanded sanctions against Iran.• The Administration has vigorously and quickly enforced red lines against regimes and
individuals that use chemical weapons.
• The Trump Administration has imposed sanctions on Russian entities and individuals
previously indicted for their roles in Russian interference in our election.
• The Trump Administration imposed hard-hitting sanctions against Iran’s national
President Trump continues to reshape the Federal judiciary at a record pace and is following
through on his promise to appoint judges who will uphold the Constitution and rule of law.
• President Trump has nominated, and the Senate has confirmed a grand total of 150
Article III judges:
o 2 Supreme Court Justices – Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh.
o 43 Circuit Court judges
o 105 District Court judges
President Trump has reduced the cost of health care and taken significant steps to fight the
• President Trump has prioritized fixing our broken health care system and worked with
Congress to implement a system that works for all Americans.
• The President has made it clear patients with preexisting conditions will be protected.
• The individual mandate penalty has been eliminated.
• Association Health Plans have been expanded.
• Short-term, limited duration insurance plans have been extended.
• President Trump is working to implement his plan to lower prescription drugs.
• Under the Trump Administration, we have seen the first ever decline of average
benchmark premiums on the federal health care exchange.
• The President signed an Executive Order to improve seniors’ healthcare and improve
the fiscal sustainability of Medicare.
• Reforms to expand Medicare Advantage options and Health Reimbursement Accounts
have been expanded.
• President Trump mobilized his entire administration to address the drug addiction and
opioid abuse by declaring a Nationwide Public Health Emergency.
• President Trump signed the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act to fight the
• President Trump signed an Executive Order that increases price and quality
• The Administration has committed to ending surprise billing.
• The Trump Administration has promoted innovation and solutions to expand treatment
options for Americans living with disease.
President Trump is promoting a clean and healthy environment for all Americans.
• The President and the Administration are continuing to pursue policies that encourage
environmental protection while promoting economic growth.
o Since 2005, our energy related carbon emissions have declined more than
any other country. This is expected to decrease in 2019 and 2020.
• Our nation’s environmental record is one of the strongest in the world.o According to the White House, from 1970 to 2018, the combined emissions of
the most common air pollutants fell 74% while the economy grew over
275%.• We have the cleanest air on record and remain a global leader for access to clean
drinking water. The President has taken important steps to restore, preserve, and
protect our land, air, and waters.
o The Save our Seas Act was signed into law in 2018. This law reauthorized the
NOAA Marine Debris Program, promoting international action to reduce marine
debris and authorizing cleanup and response actions that may be needed.
o The EPA has taken significant steps to clean up our contaminated sites and
▪ In FY2018, the EPA completed cleanup work on 22 Superfund sites
from the National Priorities list. This is the largest number in one year
since 2005.o The EPA is more efficiently implementing air quality standards that will better
protect the environment and human health.• The President’s management of our nation’s lands promotes conservation while
encouraging good stewardship and expanding recreational opportunities.
o Just this year, President Trump signed legislation designating 1.3 million new
acres of wilderness - the largest public lands legislation in a decade.
o The Department of the Interior proposed to open more than 1 million acres of
land for expanded hunting and fishing access.
o The President took important action to improve management of forests to help
prevent devastating forest fires.
President Trump’s policies have begun to unleash our nation’s energy potential.
• President Trump signed an Executive Order to expand offshore oil and gas drilling and
open more leases to develop offshore drilling.
• The Administration acted aggressively to increase exports of energy resources to the
global market and allowed financing for coal and fossil energy projects.
• President Trump has approved the infrastructure and provided the resources needed to
unleash Oil and gas production in the U.S.
o The Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines were approved, supporting an
estimated total of 42,000 jobs and $2 billion in wages.
o The New Burgos Pipeline, a cross-border project that will export U.S. gasoline to
Mexico, was approved.
o The Trump Administration reversed President Obama’s moratorium on new
leases for oil and gas development on Federal lands.• The President rescinded President Obama’s costly Clean Power Plan.
• The President proposed the Affordable Clean Energy Rule to reduce greenhouse gasses,
empower states, promote energy independence, and facilitate economic growth and job
• The Administration has rescinded many costly Obama-Era regulations including the
methane emissions rule that would cost American energy developers an estimated
$530 million annually.
• The President announced his intent to withdrawal the U.S. from the unfair Paris Climate
Military and Veterans
President Trump is protecting America and our allies by rebuilding our military and ensuring
our veterans receive the care they deserve.
• President Trump has restored American military strength.
• Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed two historic National Defense
Authorization Acts (NDAA) which allocate almost $1.5 trillion combined to rebuild and
grow our military.
• The FY2019 NDAA included a 2.6% military pay raise, the largest in 9 years.
• President Trump signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act
to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.) to fire failing
employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
• The President signed the V.A. Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize
$2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program (VCP).
• The Trump Administration created a new White House V.A. Hotline, staffed by veterans
and family members.
• The Administration has secured a record $8.6 billion in funding for mental health
services with the goal of ending the tragedy of veteran suicide.
• The Trump Administration has created the PREVENTS initiative, a task force aimed at
unifying the efforts of government, businesses, and nonprofit groups to help our
• Veterans Affairs increased transparency and accountability by launching an online
“Access and Quality Tool.” This provides veterans a way to access wait time and quality
of care data.
• In 2019, President Trump signed a memorandum that eliminates 100% of student loan
debt for permanently disabled veterans.
o The President also called upon all 50 states to ensure that disabled veterans
do not pay state tax on their forgiven debts.• The number of unemployed veterans has been reduced by 37% under President
Under President Trump’s administration, women have been empowered to reach their
• Women have experienced record low unemployment under President Trump.o In September, the unemployment rate among women was at 3.1%, the lowest in
o Women’s unemployment rate has been under 4% for 15 straight months.
o In September, the economy added 119,000 new jobs for women.
• During the President’s first year in office, the number of American women in poverty
fell by nearly 600,000.
• Thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the child tax credit was doubled to $2,000 per
• The Trump Administration has prioritized empowering women to pursue careers and
realize their economic potential.
o President Trump directed more than $200 million per year to technology
education grants for women and programs that encourage participation in STEM
o President Trump signed an Executive Order establishing the National Council
For The American Worker.
o Over 300 companies and associations of all size and industry have signed the
Administration’s Pledge to America’s Workers, promising to create more than 14
million education, training, and skill-building opportunities over the next 5
o Ivanka Trump created the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity
Initiative (W-GDP) to help 50 million women in developing countries realize
their economic potential by 2025.• Additional Trump Administration efforts to empower women globally include:
o The Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi): Aims to mobilize
more than $1.6 billion in capital for women entrepreneurs in developing
o The WomenConnect Challenge: Seeks to growth women’s access to digital
technology and bridge the digital gender divide.
o The 2X Women’s Initiative: Aimed at mobilizing $1 billion in capital to support
women living in the developing world. This initiative has already mobilized
more than $140 million from the private sector to support women in Latin
America and the Caribbean.
The African American community is benefitting thanks to President Trump’s leadership and
the booming economy.
• Under the Trump Administration, African American unemployment has reached record
o In September, African American unemployment hit a record low of 5.5%.
o The African American unemployment rate has been at or below 7% for 19
▪ Prior to the Trump Administration, African American unemployment rate
never dipped below 7%.• Over 1.4 million new jobs have been created for African Americans.
• The poverty rate among African Americans is at its lowest level in history.o During the President’s first year in office, the African American poverty rate fell
to 21.2% down from 22% the year before.
o In 2016, 241,000 more African Americans were living in poverty.
• As a result of the historic Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, nearly 9,000 Opportunity Zones were
created in all 50 states, DC, and 5 territories. Opportunity Zones will spur $100 billion
in private capital investment and impact 1.4 million minority households.
• President Trump signed the historic FIRST STEP Act into law.
o The FIRST STEP ACT has been widely hailed as the most meaningful criminal
justice reform in a generation.
o This landmark legislation included necessary reforms to our justice system,
improves our prison system, and prepares inmates for reentry in our
communities.• President Trump has committed his Administration to advancing second chance hiring
for former prisoners. This includes launching a “Ready to Work Initiative.”
• The Trump Administration has fought for a federal tax credit on donations that fund
scholarships to private schools, a proposal supported by 64% of African Americans.
• President Trump has made Historically Black Colleges and Universities a priority,
including appropriating more money to HBCUs in one year than any other president
and establishing a Presidential Board of Advisors on HBCUs.
Under President Trump’s leadership the Latino American community has thrived.
• Under President Trump, Latino Americans have experienced record low
o More than 2.7 million jobs have been created for Latino Americans.
o The Latino American unemployment rate is at a historic low of 3.9%.
• The median Latino American income rose by $1,786 during President Trump’s first
year in office.
o In 2017, the median Latino American income hit its highest ever recorded level
($50,486).• Since taking office, the Latino American homeownership rose by more than a
percentage point (46.3% to 47.4%).
• In addition to the booming economy, President Trump renegotiated freer and fairer
trade deals such as the USMCA.
• President Trump has stood up to socialism and communism in Venezuela, Cuba, and
o Thanks to pressure from President Trump, 50 countries followed President
Trump’s leadership in recognizing Juan Guaidó as the legitimate leader of
o The Trump administration has rolled back President Obama’s disastrous
rapprochement with Cuba, which only benefited the country’s dictatorship
instead of its people.
o At the direction of President Trump, the Treasury Department has imposed
sanctions against senior officials in the Nicaraguan regime for their role in
human rights abuses and undermining democracy.• The President has made it clear that American interests do not align with failed socialist
Under President Trump’s leadership Asian American unemployment has reached record lows.
• Asian American unemployment hit a near record low of 2.5% in September.
• The lowest ever record unemployment rate for Asian Americans (2.1%) came in June