HR1, the Corrupt Politicians Act as we call it, is the most ill-conceived election-related legislation in generations. H.R. 1 is unconstitutional and only pays lip service to important voter issues, although it won’t solve them. In fact, the very purpose of HR1 is to legalize the poor election practices that led to problems in several swing States during 2020, thereby making them the rule of law in all states.
The 700-page bill is too complicated to break down in one digestible post, but here is a 30,000 ft view of some of the disastrous provisions that should cause everyone who believes in election integrity to oppose passage of HR1:
- HR 1 federalizes elections by replacing the laws of all 50 states with a one-size-fits-all approach mandated by the corrupt politicians in Washington, DC. This approach violates the United States Constitution, which places the responsibility for holding elections with the States.
- HR1 forces all States to use mail-in ballots, whether current State law provides for the use of such balloting.
- HR 1 seeks to limit free speech rights, thereby attempting to override the First Amendment, all the while ignoring a recent U.S Supreme Court decision. Is it any wonder that these same corrupt politicians want to stack the Supreme Court?
- HR1 allows “ballot harvesting,” which is a fraudulent practice whereby third parties or political groups “gather” or “collect” ballots from voters, thereby opening the door to intimidation and disrupting the chain of custody.
- HR1 requires States to use drop boxes, which can be used in conjunction with absentee balloting and ballot harvesting to engage in voter fraud.
- HR1 degrades the accuracy of the State’s current registration lists by requiring States to automatically register all those persons the federal government deems to be voters, including illegal aliens and convicted felons.
- HR1 would require States to register 16- and 17-year olds to vote.
- HR1 would politicize the Federal Election Commission in favor of Democrats.
- HR 1 bans State laws requiring voter ID, thus paving the way for massive voter fraud.
- HR1 would permit the IRS to investigate and consider the political and policy positions of nonprofit organizations before granting tax-exempt status.
You can find a more complete list of the disastrous consequences of HR1 in the Factsheet provided by the Heritage Foundation at the link below:
We need to shrink the power of the federal government, not make it even more powerful by allowing the politicians and partisans in Washington, DC to control the most important tool that we have to protect our Republic and our freedoms.
HR1 must be stopped. Americans must stand united against HR1 and Wyoming must assert its rights as a sovereign State and demand that the federal government honor and abide by the U.S. Constitution. Make your voices heard and stand up against HR1.